A Womb With a View

A Womb With a View
March 15, 2011

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Welcome to my blog site!

This is my first blog dedicated exclusively to Umbert the Unborn. I will update this site weekly with the Umbert cartoon of the week. Whether or not you agree with my point of view, I ask that you please keep your blog entries respectful and civil as I consider Umbert to be a family feature.

Todays' cartoon features Fredo the Frozen embryo, a character I added to the strip several years ago. Fredo lives in a frozen embryo lab waiting for the doctors to give him a warm place in his mother's womb. Unfortunately, Fredo's wait seems to be interminable and he considers his assets to have been frozen indefinitely. He's all for global warming and could use about a gallon of hot chocolate. Fredo reminds us that frozen embryos are people too and that we must respect them as much as life in the womb. As a pro-life advocate, I oppose in vitro fertilization and the creation of human embryos for cold storage. While I sympathize with couples who cannot produce a child, the possibility of the human embryos being destroyed or used for scientific experimentation is not justified by the desire to have children. Fredo is my poster child for the plight of over 500,000 embryos currently in laboratory limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment